Opportunity to give input on children’s behavioral health in VA
April 17, 2015
Families, mental health clinicians, teachers and others: You have a window of opportunity to give your feedback on initial recommendations for the future of the children’s behavioral health system in Virginia!
Last week, Commissioner Debra Ferguson released a report giving recommendations from the four Transformation Teams she created in 2014 (adult behavioral health, adult developmental services, child and adolescent behavioral health, and justice-involved services). All information about the process can be access on the website of the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services.
Voices’ executive director Margaret Nimmo Crowe has participated on the Child and Adolescent Behavioral Health Team. Recommendations for the Child and Adolescent Team can be found here.
These are initial recommendations as the teams will continue to meet. However, DBHDS is releasing them at this time to get feedback from the public. You have two ways to give feedback:
1. You may submit an email with your comments at the Transformation Team web page until May 31, 2015.
2. You may give feedback in person at one of four upcoming Town Hall Meetings:
- Monday, May 11: Williamsburg Regional Library, 515 Scotland St. Williamsburg, VA 23188 – 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 12: Ferlazzo Human Services Building, 15941 Donald Curtis Drive Suite 200, Woodbridge, Virginia 22191 – 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Friday, May 15: Piedmont Valley Community College, Main Building, Auditorium Room 229, 501 College Dr, Charlottesville, VA 22902 – 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 20: Snyder Auditorium, Wytheville Community College, 1000 E Main St, Wytheville, VA 24382 – 10 a.m.- 12 p.m.
Please use these opportunities to give your input on the recommendations! If you have questions, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.